Thursday 29 March 2007



Hello and welcome to anyone who spends the time to check out my blog - a new venture.

For a couple of years now I have been looking for a magazine that would suit me, it had to have inspiring stories, homecraft articles, beautiful photography, REAL people (not celeb gossip), luscious cookery and gardening ideas. I did NOT want loads of trivia and advertising. Needless to say my search was fruitless. Country Living and Prima were the nearest but not quite right. Then about two months ago I literally stumbled across the world of blogging. I cannot believe how wonderful some of the blogs are that I have found and read, every day if I can. The creativity is boundless, as is the enthusiasm and I feel sure that the warmth of so many of you is genuine - I will never buy another magazine again.

I hope to get to know you, learn from you and hopefully give a little as well. Please bear with me on this learning curve as I am not very IT literate and cannot take photos for toffee (husband Ian will have to help in that dept methinks!)

My first attempt will be to show you Irene, my latest rag doll, she cost very little to make, and incase you were wondering the hair is my first and very wobbly try at spinning (I have just bought an Ashwood Spinning Wheel - another learning curve!)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sandra

    I'm so glad you decided to dip your toe into blogworld. You'll have a lovely time, I'm sure. And with little friends like Irene I have no doubt that you'll have plenty of visitors in no time at all.

    Good luck - have fun!
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra,
    I was told about your blog by Sue!
    WELCOME!!
    I am a doll maker too, so know how much time and effort you have spent on your little rag doll - she is delightful.

    Best of luck with your spinning and blogging!!
    Niki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your doll is just lovely! I really like the wool you've spun for the hair. It looks like you are off to a great start spinning.
    I'm looking forward to visiting often,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete