Tuesday 15 January 2008

Well I have taken a slightly longer than anticipated Christmas break. Was it a good one? Well it had its good moments for which I am thankful, but an 86 year old mum having a mishap (a freezer drawer accident), and a 64 year old big sister breaking her back in two places (actually did this at the end of November but obviously still incapacitated), together with tooooo many shifts at work and I didn't know which way was up!

Thank goodness for a return to something like normality, although I think the new normality will involve lots more driving to and from mum.

One bright moment was the arrival of Hillary P Cushion. Thank you! thank you! thank you Anna! He has settled in well, although we are having lots more rain again and he didn't look impressed this morning whilst gazing out at a very soggy garden.


Together with HPC came the most gorgeous little quilt, some lovely Christmas stickers and......posh chocolate! I had had a particularly bad day at work and came home to this!! I hope that the PIF parcel I sent off gave someone a lift too!



I promise I will treasure my goodies Anna, and I can honestly say that your handiwork really is as wonderful as it looks in your photos.


8 comments:

  1. AACCCKKKK!!! I'm SO SO happy that HPC made it -- where on earth did you get that adorable name LOL!!! You'd think that HPC would be upset to be in such a rainy environment, but she's SO HAPPY to be in England -- you better put a towel underneath her in case she has an accident from excitement LOL!!! I'm very please to have cheered you up -- it was my pleasure to make a little PIF for you. I hope things are getting better for you now and that we'll hear more from you! Thanks for showing your wonderful pictures! XOXOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anna, we couldn't decide on the sex of this little bunny, so second daughter decided on Hillary so that he/it/she could be either! I had better take 'im off the quilt before he has that accident!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What pretty things...they must have cheered you up!
    Margaret and Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I kept wondering where you were as every time I visited there was no update. Glad you are back but sorry to hear about your relatives' accidents. Isn't it wonderful receiving a parcel in the post ... and finding some lovely contents?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandra, thank you for your lovely comment on my blog, I hope you enjoy reading the rest of it. What an adorable bunny, when you've read my blog you'll see there's a bit of a bunny thing going on in my house. Now of course, I'm going to make a cup of tea and read the rest of YOUR blog
    have a great weekend,
    best wishes,
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to see you back and sorry to hear about your sister and mum, no wonder you've been too busy to blog. A lot of people seem to have have had extended breaks including me. That was a nice parcel to receive after a bad day at work, just the thing to cheer you up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandra

    So sorry to hear about your Mum's mishap and your sister's accident. Hope they both continue to progress OK. Is your Mum far away? I'm so glad we moved my mother next door last year - in fact I realise it's a year ago on Friday. How that year has flown by.

    Belated good wishes for a Happy New Year with no more problems!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. That rabbit is quite the most adorable thing I've seen all day no wonder he cheered you up. Sounds as though your family have been going through the wars but I'm glad to hear that you are bearing up. Take care of yourself.
    Carolyn x
    http://willowhouse.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete