Thursday 21 February 2008

I bought a little frame from the local charity shop, when I took it apart this little watercolour posy came out from the back, I don't think it is that well done but someone took some time over it and I cannot bring myself to get rid of it so there it sits, on a shelf.




No craft work done this past fortnight, instead some minor alterations and some decorating, I always feel like a change at this time of year as I am sure lots of us do. Anyway my lovely fireplace has gone from this:-
To this:-
We have oil fired central heating and the oil is getting far too expensive now. So we decided to have a log burner to help conserve our oil. We can keep it in all day and night, I like the fact that I can go to work and leave the fire in! In case anyone is wondering it is a Clearview Stove - Pioneer 400. Manufactured in Shropshire - yay!! We have decorated the bedroom, but that is for another post!
An exciting (for me!) thing to happen this past week was to 'win' an old kenwood Chef off Freecycle. I had tried twice before so it was third time lucky for me. It came with lots of attachments and is in good working order. I want to make sausages and mill grain as well and I have found a chap who can supply these attachments too. I have passed several things on through Freecycle but this is the first time I have got something for myself.

My good friend Cath has a B&B in a lovely old farmhouse, she does wonderful cooking with her own hens, eggs, pigs etc , sometimes she shares one of her pigs with me, hence the need for a sausage maker and mincer. I have just thought that maybe I will take my camera next time and show you around her place. There are so many things at the moment that I think would make a good post.

15 comments:

  1. Wow, what a difference the new stove makes -- I love those wood burners -- so nice and cozy! Please do show us around your friends' B&B -- you never know when we might be visiting and need a place to stay! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new stove looks very inviting! and as for the Kenwood, what a classic. Good luck with your culinary adventures. Best Wishes, Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the burner and that gorgeous shade of red on the walls. Well done getting the Kenwood on Freecycle. I get email updates from 2 local ones every day and it's amazing how generous people are judging by what they are prepared to give away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see what you've been up to Sandra, the new stove looks fabulous.
    I've just got into Freecycle, I gave a few bits away and managed to get an indoor tv ariel this week. I'd like a mixer too, they do sell on Ebay but aren't always cheap. I've seen them on Freecycle but you do have to be quick! Hope you'll show us what you make using your new toy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new living room looks great with the stove, lucky you, we don't even have a fireplace. Well done on getting the Kenwood Chef too. My mum still has her original, must be about 40 years old now, I'm sure.
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I just found your blog. I love log burners they are so cosy. Your Kenwood is gorgeous .... :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello there
    What a huge difference the log burner makes from the old fire and fireplace, I really like it, but I think I'd also like a rustic looking oak or pine mantel, got to have somewhere for the Christmas decorations later on! Can't believe I just said the "C" word!! Love the paint colour too, the cream inside really sets it off and opens it up too. I remember a Kenwood like that from my childhood, wonder if it's still around somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  8. The woodburning stove looks wonderful, glad you managed to get the Kenwood as well, you're sure to have lots of fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have the same woodburner - infact I'm sat infront of it right now. We installed it last September and now can't think of life without it. Yours looks particularly gorgeous with the red walls.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have now got my mum's Kenwood Chef, I love it, your model must be the model above, it has got a really unusual shape bowl, and a great find from Freecycle, as the new ones cost the earth, and no doubt they aren't as good? I grew up on a pig farm, my dad was a stockman, mum would quite often have a pig's head sitting in her preserving pan to make brawn! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was just thrilled to chance upon your blog! My very first pen-pal was in Shropshire! All these years later I have lost track of her, but I will be sure to keep up with your news. How fun.
    M

    ReplyDelete
  13. The stove looks so lovely, and I just love your red walls...beautiful!

    Smiles...

    Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just stopping by quickly to let you know that I've moved blog homes, you can now find me at:

    http://catondarlingandmoore.blogspot.com

    Hope you can drop by sometime, I'll be back soon to catch up with you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. oooooo you have a Clearview Pioneer SNAP!best thing I ever bought :o) I can waffle on for longer than most can put up with on Clearviews LMAO!
    you will never regret it :o)
    This place is weeny compared with our old one,we brught the stove with us as the buyers didnt want it(bet they regret that now)anyhow here it amply heats the entire cottage :o)
    marvelous thing
    GTM
    x x x x

    ReplyDelete