Friday 6 April 2007

Bluebells & Hearts



My bluebell collection is in its infancy but I thought I would show you a few pictures of my favourite flower after Posy posted about them the other day. (lovely photos Posy) . The plate is from my Lark Rise To Candleford stuff (another collection!) The picture behind is a recent purchase from Niki at Nostaglia at the Stone House. I love it Niki thank you! This gorgeous cup and saucer was a lucky find in a junky type shop, it's Aynsley from the 1930's

Blue and yellow are the colours of spring for me, so just to continue the theme here is a french knot heart recently completed. I used DMC embroidery silks on calico and then framed it in a pretty blue frame. I love doing French knots so this will not be the last project. Sorry that the photos ae quite dull, will have to experiment a bit more.



Have a peaceful and joyful Easter one and all.

9 comments:

  1. Hello! You have a very lovely blog here. I hope to visit often! A happy Easter weekend to you! :-)

    -Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohh, I love that heart! I love french knots too -- thanks for the reminder of yet another technique that needs more attention. {Sigh} Just not enough time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Lark Rise plate is lovely - I didn't realise such a thing existed. Must explore further! Have you read Flora Thompson's 'The Peverel Papers'? It's one of those books I've had for a couple of years and never read so it's by my bed now ready to be started.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your heart is amazingly beautiful! What dedicated, patient work! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you and your family a happy and blessed Easter

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome the the world of blogging! I found yours via Jacran Cottage.
    I too love Lark Rise to Candleford but it is years since I read it. I also have 'Still Glides the Stream' bought in 1978 (it says inside)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Bluebell collection is beautiful. I am so glad that you liked the framed print! The cup and saucer is very pretty - I have not seen that design before - I have similar one with a cottage garden printed on though.

    Also, your French Knot heart is stunning. I appreciate the hours of work that must have gone into it.

    "Happy Easter" to you!
    Niki

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wishing you and your family a wonderful Easter also!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your bluebell collection is lovely. Bluebells remind me of when I was a child playing in the woods at the end of the road. There was a tree surrounded by bluebells and we called it Bluebell Roundabout! Happy carefree days!!

    Your French knot heart is lovely. Embroidery is something I have yet to try, I've only done cross stitch.

    Hope you had a lovely Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete