Tuesday 17 July 2007

A thank you from me

I was so touched that so many of you took the time comment on my last post and I do apologise for sounding quite sorry for myself! Anyway as I said I have already given myself a good talking to and those teddies will soon be finished! Thank you so much for your support.

To give myself a project I have signed up to Pay It Forward Exchange. Anna had said she was going to do it so I jumped at the chance of getting a present from her, she is a lovely lady and I love everything she makes. So here it is:-

I will send a handmade gift to the first 3 people who leave a comment on my blog requesting to join this PIF exchange. I don't know what that gift will be yet and you may not receive it tomorrow or next week... LOL... but you will receive it within 365 days, that is my promise! The only thing you have to do in return is pay it forward by making the same promise on your blog.


One of my favourite bloggers is Sue over at vintagetovictorian I have just bought some of the Perle Cotons she has available. I asked for 10 colours I could use for embroidering roses and look what she sent me! I was so pleased - they are perfect for what I had in mind. Thank you Sue! Here they are together with a couple of very pretty plates I got yesterday.



I had a bit of a scary time today, as I have said my daughter goes to school in Tenbury Wells and after more torrential rain at midday there was a flash flood. There was literally a river raging down one side road into the main street where there was about 3ft of water. I managed to park up and walk all the way round to get her, but there were fire engines rescuing people and police everywhere. The amazing thing was that in the 45 minutes it took me to get her the whole thing had receded, just leaving people standing in shock and bewilderment. I feel so dreadfully sorry for the shopkeepers who were flooded out a couple of weeks ago and were just getting back on their feet. I've just seen it on the 10 o'clock news.

When I got home the rain had stopped so I went into the garden for a breather and snapped my Lucifer which is in full bloom, my black Geum and my greengages growing bigger - just look at that sky!























11 comments:

  1. My goodness, I hope things will dry out over there soon. We finally got a little rain here -- but not nearly enough. Thanks SO much again for signing up for the PIF -- I'm really excited to be making YOU something -- but the pressure's on to find something you'll like! ;-)Good luck with your signups -- if I hadn't already signed up, I'd be first in YOUR line, waving my hand, Me, Me, Me!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't signed up.... but I will now. I have to promise on my blog? I will do it now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou for leaving a message on my blog.I have briefly browsed your blog ,lovely to "meet" you too!I'll be back tomorrow!Love your baby blanket and your dolls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra

    Thanks for mentioning the threads etc. I'm glad you're pleased with them!

    I love the photo of your geum, but I think it's a geranium! Geranium phaeum 'Mourning Widow'. I used to grow a lot of hardy geraniums and that was one of my favourites.

    Hope the floods have all gone now.

    Good luck with your pay it forward!

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sue
    You are quite right of course, it is a geranium phaeum. I have several hardy geraniums that clump up nicely but this one is a wimp, quite wispy, I wonder if that is the nature of the plant or just this particular one growing in the wrong spot?
    Sandra.x.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with the PIF! Glad you're going to finish those teddies! That rain sounds scary. We've got sunshine today hope you have too.
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The flooding must have been very scary.Glad it went down so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad your feeling a bit happier that must have been a frightening experience with the flood, it's raining here again now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The colours of the silks are lovely, so is Lucifer - it's such a wonderful vibrant colour, just what's needed at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bought some threads from Sue as well, lovely aren't they? All this rain is a bit scary. I'm glad to see some photos of your garden and one thing about the rain is that everywhere still looks so lush for the end of July! Small consolation though for those people flooded, it must be heartbreaking. Hope that you are not too close to a flood area.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope the flooding is going & that the rest of the year can be peaceful. I have (finally) put up my PIF declaration on my site... please forgive me, I had actually forgotten who I'd signed on with(!)

    ReplyDelete