Tuesday 9 October 2007

Hello, I have ventured back into my blog after a somewhat longer than anticipated absence.

Initially I had some computer issues, and then after eldest daughter departed for uni I threw myself into 'other things' to take my mind off her leaving. Well, busy though I am it didn't work and I am missing her very much!



Anyway, I shall be emailing one or two of you later to thank you for your concern, how nice the blogosphere is with women like you in it!!!!!



Just to show you I have been a little bit busy.... a few photos......




6lbs of blackberries picked on a beautiful summers afternoon. I mashed them and made them into a large demijohn of wine. This was busily fermenting away and we were looking forward to a glass or two at Christmas but it was not to be. Someone (not me!!!!!!) managed to smash the aforesaid demijohn and it took me ages to get a gallon of sticky liquid up off the laundry floor!


Then eldest daughter left for uni.... here are the two best friends come to say goodbye, they have been with her since the age of 5. They have been through thick and thin together but are now across the country from Southampton to Manchester. I sneaked this photo - one for the album I am keeping for her.




I have managed to get to one carboot - there is another this weekend which I hope to get to. I got a lovely mixing bowl and this cute pyrex to add to the collection!






A week last Sunday we went to Upton on Severn . Some of you might know that it was severely flooded back in the summer. They organized a 'Cheer Up Upton' weekend and we went to show our support. I think we definitely need a 'blue' in our side, don't you??





I hope to post regularly now, I can't wait to see what you are all doing for Christmas and I am sure there will be some glorious posts coming soon from you all about that.












14 comments:

  1. Great to have you back. Empty nest syndrome is tough and activity that you love is a good way to cope for sure. I waanted to say that I am reading the Larkrise to Candleford book and I am enjoying it so much. Thanks for the recommendation. I would have never found it otherwise. Hope you are enjoying autumn ! Janice (upstate NY)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're back. I wondered where you'd got to.

    What a shame about the demijohn. Bet you weren't best pleased!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you back, it's very easy to get out of the habit of blogging when your as busy as you have been but not always so easy to start again. Looking forward to more from the beautiful Shropshire countryside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to have you back, I've missed your lovely posts and pictures. I'ts a good job you've got so many interests to take your mind off your girls going to Uni...I'm sure you'll get used to it in time, and the holidays will be great fun when they come back home with bags of laundry!
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you posting again! I agree, it will certainly be fun to see what everyone starts posting as it approaches the Christmas holiday!

    Sorry about your syrupy mess... I can only imagine what it must have been like cleaning it up. =O

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to have you back! I know it is so hard when the children leave, no matter how old they are...we mommies are like that and it is ok. :o) You have been quite busy, and your photos are just lovely. Happy Autumn to you and your family

    Smiles...

    Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great to see you back, love getting a virtual fix from your beautiful part of England.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad to see you back -- I've missed you! ;-) Sorry to hear you're missing your baby -- it's so hard to send them off and even though you always miss them, it gets a little easier with time. Love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so pleased you are back. I kept looking at your blog and wondering why you weren't posting. It is a huge wrench when a child flies the nest. Luckily my daughter went to uni only 10 miles away and though she lived in halls we could still see each other when we wanted. Cecil Day Lewis' poem 'Walking Away' is most apt but a word of warning - it will bring tears to your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome back! Sorry to hear about the accident with the demijohn after all your efforts.

    Looking forward to reading more about your preparations for Christmas.

    Marie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's hard when our children leave. I work full time but still can't bear the silence in the evenings. Then...just when you get used to it they come back. For three long months in the Summer and weeks at Christmas and Easter. Take heart!!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice to see you back again - how frustrating to lose all that potential blackberry wine! Hope your daughter is enjoying university life - I feel sure she is:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you're back! I missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't believe you went to all that trouble to make the blackberry wine, having to cope with all those pips, and it ending up all over your laundry floor, there must have been some cursing going on, I can imagine the job you had to clear up the sticky mess, there could be nothing worse. x

    ReplyDelete