Thursday 24 July 2008

At last a couple of days of warm (even hot!) sunshine. I took my cup of tea out into the garden this morning and spent a couple of hours weeding and cutting back. I am slowly clearing a bed so that I can put in some dwarf apple trees and David Austen roses.



When it got too hot I came in bringing these beauties with me.


I have over the years accumulated a few things that were starting to clutter my kitchen, so I have recently bought a cupboard which fits perfectly behind the back door in the utility room and all my 'stuff' is organised on it. The two recent additions are a new-to-me Kenwood, the previous one blew up trying to knead bread dough! and a Kenwood slicer, I love this! I can bake 4 loaves, slice and bag them and put them in the freezer, or slow cook a ham, slice and freeze for sandwiches, hash or ham with parsley sauce.




Efficient but not pretty! So here is a picture of one of my favourite things. This little dairy cow sat on my mums butter dish until it got smashed.









2 comments:

  1. Hey! I have one of those slicers -- I thought it was just for meat -- it never occurred to me to use it for bread LOL! Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers are so pretty! It is so nice to be able to bring in flowers from your very own garden...enjoy!

    Smiles...

    Beverly

    ReplyDelete