Tuesday 12 June 2007

A Small Confession or two - and Poppies


#1 - I do not like my windows, would much prefer diamond panes to look out onto the world through. They are much too big and modern. I have therefore let my virginia creeper drape itself down over them, but should I cut it back a bit? - or am I just too lazy?



#2 - I was going to do this hexagon blanket to single bed size - but I have got tired of it, and anyway the colours are much more suitable for a baby blanket, don't you think? that is how I justified doing a small border around it and saying 'enough'. It shall be washed and stored away for when a grandchild comes along


#3 - Ian got up early on Sunday and went photographing things - like barley fields and poppies. My confession here is that I did not want him to because we were having company for lunch and I was busy and needed some help. When I saw the photos though I could understand his point. They may have been nicer with blue skies but this was early with the mistiness just burning off. Don't you just love poppies? With more set-a-side and fallow around here they are becoming a familiar sight once again - along with the White Campion in the second photo. Enjoy:-








15 comments:

  1. absolutely beautiful photos! I do love poppies. They are simply so striking and summery.

    dont worry, i dont like my windows either. as long as you are getting enough light in your house, let the creeper grow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photos are beautiful! And the baby quilt is beautiful too. Love the colors. See -- you have a baby hope chest too -- I think I must start one soon! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also wish I had some sort of divided pane windows; and sadly I do not have the stunning view that you have from yours~so beautiful! I love the photos of the poppies, which I've never seen growing wild like that around here.
    Lovely baby blanket!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. The creeper growing down the window is beautiful...I agree with the comment from Kelly, if enough light is coming in, let it grow!! Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. The poppies are wonderful, I love that brilliant scarlet. The hexagons have made a perfect bably blanket for future use - you are nicely ahead of the game there:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandra

    Fabulous poppies. They have a special meaning for me, so it was a delight to see them.

    Thanks for 'catching up'. I'm not sure about the patterns you asked about (not sure what they are!). Can you email me and then I can check.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely breathtaking photographs! I am glad Ian took them so you could share their beauty! The blanket is precious, too - and I wouldn't trim a thing away from your windows, as it is LOVELY!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, just beautiful photos!! And I think with a view like that out of your window, I'd trim the creeper back a little. That's a lovely sight.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, the poppy pictures are amazing and I love the creeper growing down your windows, it's just gorgeous as is the view of your gardens!

    The hexagons are wonderful and I think would make a lovely baby blanket!

    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well his photographs are beautiful but I hope he got back in time to help.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The photos are so lovely, you live in a beautiful part of the world.Sometimes you just have to grab the moment. I hope he made amends when he returned home.
    I'd only cut back the creeper to give you a better view of your pretty garden :)
    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful post! Love those poppies. :) Have you thought about adding leading that comes in rolls into a diamond pattern on the windows ? What a lucky baby that gets that beautiful quilt:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for visiting and leaving such lovely comments.

    What a heavenly view from your windows, and fab photos of the poppies too!

    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  14. I adore poppies and the photo's are stunning. Love the creeper - let it grow!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the poppy pictures - they're just stunning... I can only imagine the fabulousity in real life....

    (although, believe me!, I understand about the "please stay home and help me!" feeling all too well!)

    ReplyDelete