Wednesday 1 August 2007

Well the floods have gone and poor old Tenbury is looking very drear. When the floods first happened it was all very surreal, and then when they went everyone seemed upbeat and energised about getting back to normal as quickly as possible. Two weeks later and more than 50% of the offices and shops are gutted, part of Market Street pavement has collapsed into the brook and people are looking fed up and a bit worn out. I shall be showing my support by doing as much shopping as I can in the town. This must be the scenario played out in several towns across the country.

On my way to and from work I often thank my lucky stars that my commute is so scenic. I thought I would share a few shots with you. The journey is 9 miles through agricultural countryside.



We went down my road this evening and Ian took these photos. This fine weather the last two days has caused the farmers to work madly trying to get hay and haylige cut. Ian loves taking photos of bales (?).





Most of the way the road is very narrow, and very bendy, with three narrow bridges, two woods, one hamlet and...



This gorgeous little church.



The road wends along its way, you can just see it on the right of this photo. At this point I am usually looking out for a large school bus coming down the hill in the morning.



On the crafting front very little has been done recently. Mum sent me loads of wool odds and ends so I have been knitting beanies for the Christmas Box appeal.

One thing I have discovered over the last week or so has been the number of 'green' blogs in blogland. This really interests me and I am looking at ways to 'simplify' my life so I shall post about them next I think. I used a rebatching soap recipe I found on one of them yesterday to make 8 bars of soap, they are on the drying rack now and they smell lovely - I used lavender oil.

7 comments:

  1. Mmmm. Combine the smell of lavender with those beautiful pictures and you have the perfect post. I loved those little wendy roads with hedges growing on both sides -- even though it was a little nerve-wracking for someone learning how to drive on the "other" side of the road. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a beautiful drive to work. I always enjoy it so much when we visit England and travel through those picturesque scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to stop by and say how much I am enjoying your blog. Really love your photos, especially those on this post - your drive to work. When I enlarge the first hayfield picture it is quite stunningly picturesque, as many of your photos of your garden, your flowers and the towns. First rate !

    Hopefully the last of the flooding is over. Love your crafts. Good luck with the quilting. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely journey to work. How all the people on the motorways would envy you. I like taking photos of bales too, wonder why. Let us know how the soaps turned out too,

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely journey, your soap sounds interesting will you be telling us more?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope that you are getting back to normal..would love to know about the soap recipes so looking forward to your next post

    Jane
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for this nice post! Could you please publish your "rebatching soap recipe", please? I would like to add it to my collection of soap recipes here.

    ReplyDelete