Monday 7 May 2007

Upton On Severn

Upton On Severn Folk Festival 2007. What a wonderful day we had. It kicked off with a grand procession through the town, about 40 or so 'sides' all dancing, huge crowds and an amazing atmosphere. Once we had all processed we ended up outside 'The Swan' pub on the banks of theRiver Severn. Here there was dancing all afternoon, each side vieing for a 'spot' with lots of good banter and fun.

I have put a few photos up, some of my favourites, I have just noticed that most of them have blackened faces, whereas most of the sides didn't - that must say something about me!??



These guys were really good fun, one or two of us ended up with black on our faces from having a kiss or two!

This lot were one of the best sides in my opinion, really good, colourful, musical - and funny.



And here we are - Don't we look good? and now you can see the trollen cords where they belong. I'm not going to tell you which one I am!

This is the first of what I hope to be many dance-outs for our side. It is all very english and perhaps just a little bit mad.









7 comments:

  1. What fun! I love your costumes. Are you SURE you don't want to tell us which one is you? Either way, you all look like a great group of girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like great fun, and so good to see traditional celebrations taking place still. Oh go on tell us which one is you. You all look fab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I think you had lots of fun - it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me again! I've tagged you!. List 7 weird things about yourself, then tag 4 other bloggers. See my blog for ideas. Take part or not, your choice. You might have to think about it for a bit (I did!)

    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would you like to write about the festival/ any othet local festivals or places for the blog, Best of British; crafters days out in Britain? I need your e-mail address to add you... but it would be lovely to get as many bloggers as possible involved. Go see my blog for the link & info

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS, please proof-read my last comment & alter othet to other. It irritates me to not spell thing right.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Which morris sides are there? I recognise The Widders but not the others.

    ReplyDelete