Saturday 26 May 2007

More Treasures

It's been a really busy week and I haven't had time to keep up with everyone, but I will endeavour to have a good read tonight. In the meantime thank you to those who commented on my last post, yes I am perfectly recovered, as for watching my op I do have a strong stomach - not alot can make me queasy thankfully.

No matter how busy I still find time for charity shops, these were my finds this week. The china brooches and necklace will be used for crafting, I won't copy but loved the photo frame that Niki showed recently. The little vase will be for WI 'flower of the month' and I couldn't resist the cross stitch hankies.


This adorable picture came from the Cats Protection League for £2! You can't tell here but it is really quite big.




A fortnight ago Ian took me to Worcester as a birthday treat i.e. an amble down the antique/junk shop street and lunch at a lovely little organic cafe. I did not spend all my birthday money but I did buy this - isn't it gorgeous?



The cloth I am using as a backcloth is my first ever cross stitch, done 21 years ago in my first year of marriage. Hubby being in the military was away alot in the first year, and I was a long way from home, so this kept my sanity. It has a heavy crocheted border too which I did during my lunch hours at work.



Now I was tidying up the garden, but the predicted Bank Holiday weather stopped me, I must get rid of the rubbish before a yellow patch appears on the lawn. I commented a couple of weeks ago that my Wisteria has never flowered - well it has now, a few feeble small blooms - lets hope it's better next year. Being rained off I shall try to spend some time this weekend clothing my rather naked ladies! Hope you are having an enjoyable/exciting/relaxing/content weekend, whichever is needed. I may hit the Ludlow Antique Fair tomorrow, or the Burgage Car Boot on Monday choices choices!


10 comments:

  1. What a lovely treasures! I especially love the mirror. Will you be posting some pics of your dolls when they are finished? I hope so....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the mirror too. You had some good finds - I like to see what other people find at charity shops/car boots etc. Thankyou for adding me to your favourites, I had also done the same!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI, you have some some very good shopping this week! I love the cross stitch you did all those years go, it will be a lovely heirloom for someone with a story about you working the hours away until hubby got home. Best of luck if you get to a boot sale this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it all - particularly the picture and your amazing embroidery. Shame you didn't photograph the crochet edging as well!!

    I've just caught up with your previous few posts as I haven't had much blogging time recently. Your garden is looking super.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the lovely finds! That mirror with the flowers on it is just beautiful. I wish I were going to boot sales with you. I've been to a couple on our trips over there and they have the best items for sale.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a beautiful mirror! Your embroidered cloth is just lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've got some great treasures there, wonder if rain stopped the treasure hunting, it has certainly stopped everything here! Funnily enough I too have some naked ladies to dress but seem to have stumped myself with french knots at the moment, I want to embroider their hair and it is all taking rather longer than I thought it would.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You found some lovely things there! You said the little vase is "for WI flower of the month". Do you belong to the WI? I belong to a branch here, and Mum is a member in England. I'm going to her next meeting when I'm home in a few weeks!

    You have much better charity shops in the UK than we do here. I'm looking forward to betting around to some to see if there are little treasures that will fit in my suitcase!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely 'finds'. That mirror is very very pretty. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these little people they are so full of promise...
    Suzie Sews

    ReplyDelete