Thursday 3 May 2007



I love my local hospice charity shop. I must spend a fiver in there every week. This was a steal at £2.00 don't you think? Already up on the wall in the sitting room.





This cactus is indestructable! I'm sure it's the one that flowered at Christmas and now again it is a show. I thought they were either Christmas or Easter cacti. I had the brainwave of putting it on one of my glass cake stands to show the flowers off, I just hope no one knocks it off.




Our next 'dance out' is at Upton On Severn next Sunday and I have one more cord to plait on my trollen. I have to admit it is getting tedious now. Due to the success of our Market Hall appearence we have a slot on local radio tomorrow. I won't get to hear it because I will be driving to work, but the sound effects should be good - lots of bells and stomping!





I've also recently finished a jumper for my eldest, it is lovely wool called 'Click', and being on huge needles it was very quick to do. However being really stretchy and holey it was a s**** to sew up so cannot face knitting another for daughter number two. She will have to have something else.



With the left over wool I am attempting to crochet a beanie for my daughter, but I haven't got a pattern so don't know where this will end!



7 comments:

  1. That is a steal, and it's a lovely picture!! Christmas cactus are beautiful when they flower, and I just love the colour. Nice sweater you made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your nice comments. Yep thrift stores are the most fun to shop in. I like your new picture, how pretty it looks on that wall. I will be going again tomorrow morning, hope I find something good. I see you can knit up a storm. I wish I could make socks. I have one pair a friend made me and I wore then every day that they were clean all winter. My catus is doing great but not in bloom right now like yours.
    NANCY JO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sweater! It looks so cute on your daughter. I can't quite tell -- is the neck crocheted? Whatever it is ... I like he effect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely work you do. I adore that sweater! Your painting was definitely a real deal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm seriously addicted to charity shops. I even plan my shopping route on Saturday to take them all in. Lovely finds you have there. Especially the print. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for visiting and leaving your comments, yes I got the 3 huge tins of buttons from one chap on one stall at the boot sale, my heart was pounding in case the lady on my left got in there before I did!!!
    Pretty picture, great find. And the sweater is lovely, your daughter looks very stylish and cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a brilliant idea to put the Christmas cactus on a cake stand, perfect for the flowers to drape over.
    I love the embroidery silks in those wonderful shades of violet, what fabulous colours.

    ReplyDelete