Friday 27 April 2007

Corners of my home

Being as nosey as I am I have really enjoyed seeing bloggers homes in 'corners of my home' posts, so I thought it only right that I did one myself. This is the plate rack in my dining room, it was made for me by a young local man. I am not sure about the black and green teacups and saucers being on there but they were left to my mil by an elderly aunt of hers. She has passed them on to me now and for the time being they ought to be on display - if you know what I mean! I have already posted about the pretty little lamp. There is a brass utility lamp on there as well, made during WWII, it is designed to not topple over and cause a fire - there were toys like that weren't there? Wibble wobble men or something.

The plate top left with the 'frill' round it was made by yours truly. I used to belong to a ceramics club on a military base and made soooo much stuff (most of which is packed away in the attic - including a full tea set with pink roses which I shall never use).

It's my birthday today, am I spending it in a lovely way? No, work all day, and this evening I am taking my daughter to the fair to meet her beau (14 - first boyfriend - both so innocent and very sweet) It's too far to come home so I shall be sauntering the street, chips perhaps, and some candyfloss definitely if I can go to the fair without her spotting me! Then back to the car to sew crochet hexagons together till it's too dark to see (would I look daft with a lamp? mmm......)

10 comments:

  1. Happy, Happy Birthday! You share the day with my sister. And I love the green plates -- the match with your walls. It's all very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to yoooo. Have a jolly time this evening. I think you should wear a miner's lamp on your head while you're sewing in the car!! Of course you'd look silly, but does it matter? After all, if you can't look silly on your birthday ...

    Why don't you get out the teaset you made and show us? We'd all love to see it and tell you how clever you are!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely pic. The black and green cups look more than fine. They pick up on that lovely shade of green on your walls. Happy birthday for yesterday. We Mothers' make such sacrifices!! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trust me, the shoes are definitely NOT what I would normally wear - hence the practice run! I managed to wear them for a whole 4½ hours. Nothing about me is elegant under normal circumstances, but I scrub up well when the need arises (or try to!). What a nice hubby you have!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful time.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to you! My, I have noticed quite a few April bloggers (me included)! Please do get out to have some of that candy floss!

    I love your china very much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Hope you had a great b'day!

    Thanks for your lovely comment on my new blog!

    Like your little cupboard. I think it look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello miss Shropshire! I am so tickled to meet you :) I see you're a mother of 2 daughters as well. Your cabinet is absolutely beautiful as is the paint color of your walls. Like you, I love peeking in people's homes, and although my decorating style is so vastly different from the beautiful vintage romance I so admire, I love to see it and dream of myself having a space like that one day.
    Thank you deeply for your comment to my warrior post. I understand.
    Luv to you, my new friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the green on your walls, so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for posting pics of your china! I, too, love to look into the nooks and crannies of of others' houses. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete