Friday 20 April 2007

Blue






I like blue, in fact I love blue. It's blue for me in home and garden, and this is the best time of year for blues. Pansies are adorable with their little faces so hopeful. Bluebells and Pulmonaria in the woodland patch go well together, and clematis climbing over the arbour look - friendly! The boldest blue soon is the Ceonothus, just about to break out, it will be a mass of vibrant blue over the oil tank.
Of course I like pink and white as well ~



Ian likes orange, but I do the gardening - so this is the only orange he gets



More blue, edging this time on my hexagon blanket-to-be. I'm about 1/4 of the way through I think, and then sewing it all together will be reserved for afternoons in front of a good film!


Tomorrow I am dancing in front of our Market Hall, what possessed me to do this I do not know. I just hope I don't make a complete idiot of myself in front of LOTS of people I know! Wish me luck! Have a lovely weekend.





















4 comments:

  1. Oh! What the heck did you make me look for??? I like that shape even better than the squares. Love your colors. And I REALLY love all your blue flowers. Blue is my favorite color in the garden too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are lots of lovely blues in the garden at the moment - I love the for-get-me-nots. Have fun dancing tomorrow - I'm sure you'll be fine and that everything will go well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blue hexagons! I just finished my granny blanket for my bed, but it's too small really so now I'm doing a ripple blanket a la Posie, but in blues and greens.
    I also love Precious Bane as a book... do you live near to the area where Mary Webb lived?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delighted to make your aquentance, as they would say in Jane Austen's books.
    Your pictures are wonderful, if I were you I'd post them bigger. Beautiful blog.
    Thanks for your visit and comments.

    ReplyDelete