Sunday 15 April 2007

Happy Sunday

I have finished the lacing in blue and can pass it on tomorrow at practise. The photo above is of my waistcoat which shows you how it is used. We each have a different colour which is picked up in the skirts, sticks and hankies. Mine is a lilac but is looking a little washed out in this photo.
Below is a photo of my car boot finds last week. The two cushions were £1.50, Mrs Beeton £1.00, two lovely tins for 60p (one old, the other not - but will be one day, and in the meantime ideal for storing ribbons). My bargain though was the two pillowcases and a bolster, really yucky for £1.00. I thought that I could salvage enough material out of them for doll making, but after a really good boil they turned out like this! Does anyone know what age they would be? They are made of really thick good quality cotton, as is the bolster (not shown)

Today is beautiful here in Shropshire, I intend to get out and plant some lupins and poppies, and we need to extract a rampant bullrush from the pond. If any energy left we will take a walk on the Clee Hill and then roast beef for later.
On a final note, can I thank everyone who has been so kind to stop by and leave such encouraging comments. I have been blogging for nearly a month now and I must say I have found it so very enjoyable - thank you!


3 comments:

  1. Great finds at great prices. So glad you are enjoying warm weather; I can't wait to be able to plant.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful finds at fabulous prices! And I love the lacing that you made!

    On one of our trips to England, my hubby bought Mrs. Beetons. He didn't want it damaged in luggage on our return trip, so he had to carry it around with him our last day there. He brought it on the plane with him and took care so as not to damage the corners. It was quite a hefty book, and felt even heavier at day's end. Then we found out we could have purchased it right here at home! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a succesful time at the car boot sale, I think I must try going to one or two locally, it's something I never think of doing.
    I like your blue waistcoat - pity you are so far away, we're looking for some entertainment for the Village Show! Everyone local seems to be going to some sort of anniversary do on the day of the show and it looks as though it will be just the brass band this year.

    ReplyDelete