Wednesday 25 April 2007

How's This?


I grew up in a farmhouse, one day my brother came in, having spent some time poking around by the old muck heaps, (as little boys will given half the chance) with this little gem of a lamp. Of course we didn't know it was a gem because it was covered in yuck. After a thorough clean we presented it to our mum for Mothers Day. She has given it back to me and I treasure it. The wonder of the thing is how it survived in a muck heap intact - including the glass.

How's this? Many thanks for the tips, I really appreciate the help (and will get better at this one day!)

6 comments:

  1. It's just right! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lamp is very beautiful. I'm amazed it survived, especially knowing that I've already broken 2 chimneys on a small lamp I own, due to my own clumsiness.
    And what a pretty plate!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its amazing what will survive isn't it! I'm still trying to get the hang of photo's too. Some of mine enlarge and some don't - I've not worked out why but never mind!!! Keep going I'm sure between us all we'll get the hang of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty little lamp! The story behind it, makes it extra special!!

    Pat
    Back Porch Musings

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a lovely lamp, and amazing that it survived being buried!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The lamp and the plate are lovely - what a great find by your brother. And Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete