Monday 23 April 2007

A Good Weekend

Well our first local dance out happened on Saturday. It was not very good as one of us (not me thank goodness!) had stage fright and completely blanked out on all the moves. However, inspite of that (or perhaps because of it) we had a lovely applause and a good laugh. I may get some photos later this week and if I feel very brave I shall post one. Our next appearance is next Sunday for a 70th birthday party and then the week after at Upton On Severn for a Morris Dancing Festival.


Sunday dawned damp and I nearly decided not to attend the first Car Boot here. But by 1.30pm it was a bit brighter and so off I went and very pleased I am that I did. I got a beautiful embroidered tablecloth which I will boil up and see what happens. Some paperweights to re-do, a sweet cottage picture (I offered a pound for this one but the lady said no, have it for 50p because the frame is tatty! Didn't need to be told twice!). I also got this little embroidered picture because she looked lonely in a box under a table. A lot of work went into this, does anyone know a 'U' who would appreciate it?


I came home to attend the tommy toes, yes they are growing in buckets this year. Gardeners Delight and Ailsa Craig, 9 in all. I haven't grown Ailsa Craig before so don't know what to expect from them. Finally, thought I would post a piccy of the local free range eggs, they are double yockers at the moment. The farmers wife keeps an honesty box at the farmgate, £1.70 per dozen, utterly yummy.